Wow, what a year 2009 has been. Reflecting back, I enjoyed and survived the rollercoaster of amazing and sad things that happened to me; making me stronger emotionally than the year before. Reflecting back on 2009
* I started my Diploma of Applied Learning, finished it in November and somehow managed to get top marks...
* I made some wonderful new friends during the time of my course, who kept me sane during those studying hours.
* I had work placement in Childcare, Preschool, and a Primaryschool. I managed to get myself a job in Afterschool care in the Primary school. I met some really helpful mentors at that school. I also have another job in Retail- working two jobs can be hard! I need to do this to save for my Education.
* I personally feel that I controlled my heart condition more so this year than any other before.
* My Nanna had a stroke in October, we found her on the floor of her bedroom. This was a heart stopping moment for all of us, but since this, my family are closer to her than ever.
* I neglected my photography a little this year having so much studying going on, but since receiving my Canon 450D, I've been outdoors every day taking photographs. I felt really happy to have my Dad and Mum support my passion!
* Furthermore, the community on deviantART have supported my passion for photography as well. I have made some incredible friends here who I hope I will always keep to my heart.
I have been on incredible journey and now I'm asking you to list some wonderful things that happened to you too. What does Christmas mean to you?
For me personally, it's about a family reunion. I rarely see my family throughout the year; everyone lives so far away and they're inaccessible for me to visit. Around Christmas time, most of the family meet up at my Grandmother's house and we talk about our year, and for me it's a special time. I don't care about presents or receiving anything, all I want to see is that my family is safe and happy. My Nanna, who had the stroke, will be spending Christmas at our house and we will be looking after her. I really want to see her smile and light up when she sees her little white fluffy dog we're looking after for her.
On another note, I realise that Christmas has so many different meanings to people all over the world. This is why we're culturally diverse, which makes us unique. I am not religious myself, but I am spiritual in the fact that I listen to all different types of celebrations and holidays. I think during this seasonal holiday we should all be more accepting of different celebrations even if we don't share the same beliefs. It is about coming together and celebrating after all.
A big thank you goes out to everyone who left me special Birthday wishes on my userpage earlier this month (and on facebook).
Today I received a package from Stephanie `Oukan
, who has been my close friend for over 4 years now. Ever since we first spoke in #devart, she has been my friend and never changed. If anyone knows her personally, they will understand what a special person she is. Thank you for the lovely purse, keyring, and thoughtful card, Steph!
You have made my week!
Love Sarah [link]